Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bride Wars & More

Bride Wars was terrible!

I know, I'm late on this one. I recently went to see the movie with my Monster-In-Law, Marian (who lets me call her that because she is so cool). It dragged and dragged and dragged. I've never been an Anne Hathaway fan, but I do like Kate Hudson. They just weren't believable as friends and there was too much horseplay and not enough plot. I didn't laugh out loud very much and I was relieved when it was over... and not just because I had to pee.


Here are some DVDs I recently watched:

27 Dresses - B
This actually had a lot more plot than I expected and the characters were really well thought-out. My husband even ejoyed this one! And by "enjoyed" I mean didn't leave the room.

Rescue Dawn - D
Awful, awful, awful. For some reason I thought I was going to watch a Saving Private Ryan-type film, but it was more like a Disney movie. It was so cheesy and so bad. It's the story of a Navy man who goes to Vietnam, gets kidnapped, and tries to escape the crude prison. I hate that it was based on a true story, because the real people involved are probably super disappointed.

Night at the Museum - A-
Again, super late on this one, but I'd always wanted to see it, and when I saw a preview for the sequel, I figured it was about time! Ben Stiller did a great job and I LOVED that Dick Van Dyke was a villain. I also loved watching him dance during the closing credits. I was a little annoyed during the movie because I thought there would be NO way that the ending would make sense, but it did. Can't wait to see the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment